Visitor Counter

Like this Content? Bookmark and Share it!

Monday, October 1, 2007

Can You Freakin Hear Me NOW?

Photo by Chance Agrella

It is no secret to those who know me in real life that I hate cell phones with a passion. I loathe, detest, and despise them. More and more people are opting for cellular phones instead of land lines, and this is making me crazy. If I have to ask or hear, 'CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?' one more time I think I am going to cut off an ear.

So, imagine my state of being perturbed when I am on a date and my date decides to USE HIS CELL PHONE while we are ON THE DATE. Was it urgent? Was it to check on children or because there was a family emergency? Nope. It was to chit-chat with various family members.

You have no idea how tempted I was to grab the stupid thing out of his hand and chuck it out the window as we cruised at 75 mph down I-15. If it had not been for the fact I was securely seat-belted in and I would have had to lay across him to grab it, I just might have done it.

Why wouldn't I lay across him? I don't give 'freebies' ;-p

Gentlemen, (and I am using that term loosely here for some of you), when you are on a date, you are on HER time. Show her the courtesy of respecting that and turning off your electronics from hell. We are not impressed by your gizmos, but we are impressed with the attention and courtesy you show us.

We don't care that your I-pod can play in your car unless you are giving us some say in the musical selection. We don't care that your cell phone has special extra features. . . we just want the blasted thing turned OFF while you are with us.

Ladies, this works in reverse, too. Keep your cell phone OFF and save your date-review with your friends for when the date is over and you are home alone.

Not only has common sense died, but apparently common courtesy has died, as well.

Like what I wrote and want to buy me a cherry coke?

No comments:

Copyright © 2008 - 2010 Daniella Nicole. All rights reserved.