Visitor Counter

Like this Content? Bookmark and Share it!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dating vs Hanging Out

One singles site I belong to has frequently discussed the topic of Dating vs Hanging out, and of course, there are some very divergent views on the matter. What is interesting to me is that in the Ensign, a talk from a General Authority on that very matter was published. It is my understanding that if it comes from a General Authority we are to give it some weight.

Then, in the LDS section of About.Com, I found this list of dating ideas. Now, to me, most of them seem to be 'hanging out' type things. Personally, once I am involved with someone, I enjoy some hanging out stuff, and I think the point of the talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks was not to discourage it at that point in a relationship, but to make it very clear that it is not an acceptable means of dating in those early stages. It promotes, in those stages, laziness and a sense of familiarity which would not be appropriate. It also increases the risk for crossing boundaries as it is commonly done 'home alone'.

So, what are YOUR definitions of 'hanging out' and a 'date' and where do YOU draw the line between the two?

Like what I wrote and want to buy me a cherry coke?

No comments:

Copyright © 2008 - 2010 Daniella Nicole. All rights reserved.