Visitor Counter

Like this Content? Bookmark and Share it!

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Teach the Children: Christ and Santa

Photo by ljsendoorn
One thing I did with my son as he was growing up to help keep Santa in the proper context was use this story: Teach the Children (it plays music, too)

One year, our RS made wooden trees with nails to hang wooden cutout ornaments on, and then gave us the list from the story of what each represented. Before that, I had store-bought things I used, and my son got to hang each on the tree as I read the story.

One year I created and sewed ornaments to go with the story, and gave it and the ornaments out to everyone.

We still read the story and do the ornaments each year. It is just one of several ways we try to keep the true Christmas Spirit in our home.

What things do YOU do to teach your children about the true meaning of Christmas?

No comments:

Copyright © 2008 - 2010 Daniella Nicole. All rights reserved.