Visitor Counter

Like this Content? Bookmark and Share it!

Monday, December 3, 2007

How do YOU Get Over a Breakup?

The question was posed, and what I came up with is the following:

LIVE
one day at a time and one step at a time.

I allow myself to cry and grieve as long as it is getting it out of my system and helping me to heal, rather than sucking me into depression and pain.

I find things to do with my life that bring me joy.

I give myself permission to hurt, to be angry, to forgive, and to love and trust again.

I allow myself to heal at my own pace, date when I feel like it, and stay away from dating when I feel that is the right course. I know me and I know what I need. Trusting myself in this area helps me to trust myself again in other areas.

I remember the great things about him and our relationship, and look for what I can do better next time - and what I need to screen for better, next time around - not because he was/is a bad man, but because clearly I need a better match. I use the experience to grow.

I remember that it is not someone else's job to heal me, love me, or make me whole. That is my job - and if I am not healing, feeling loved, or whole, I have only myself to blame.

I remember to live, to laugh, and to love. It gets a little easier every day.

A song about saying goodbye:

video from YouTube user CloudShin

So, what do YOU do to get over a breakup?

No comments:

Copyright © 2008 - 2010 Daniella Nicole. All rights reserved.