Visitor Counter

Like this Content? Bookmark and Share it!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Handling the Demands of Others

On a dating site I belong to, the question was asked how to handle it when we feel others are putting demands upon us. My reply went over well, so I thought I would share it here:

Disastrously Undiplomatic Dani's List:

* Talk to them about it
* Start saying 'no' more often
* Figure out what I am doing for them that they should be doing for themselves and give that stuff back to them
* Give myself permission to have a backbone, boundaries, and human limits
* Love them and respect myself

What do YOU do when you feel like someone is putting demands upon you?

Here is a short video I found on YouTube which I thought was really great about boundaries. Enjoy!

Boundaries Are Essential for Healthy Relationships by AskVictoria

No comments:

Copyright © 2008 - 2010 Daniella Nicole. All rights reserved.