Visitor Counter

Like this Content? Bookmark and Share it!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

I’m Sorry, But, EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Married Folks on the Prowl

As an online dating writer, one of the things I do for my work is check out various online dating websites. Some are for singles only, and others are more diversified.

As someone who believes in traditional marital ideals like fidelity, monogamy, and trust, I must say the more I check out these more ‘open’ sites, the more grossed out I become.

I joined a new site last night that was given high marks. The site, however, is an ‘open’ site. *Deep Breath*

As I perused the profiles I was shocked, amazed, and disgusted by the number of male registered members openly proclaiming they are married and just want a little ‘sumpin sumpin’ on the side. Maybe I need to peruse the female profiles to see if it is as bad. To their credit though, *cough choke gag* at least they are honest about who they are and what they are looking for – to their targets. I doubt most are informing their spouse about their hunt.

I am virtually speechless.

When you believe in chaste dating and no sex before marriage, it is difficult to find a date who believes and lives the same way. It is disappointing enough to find what seems to be 90% of your dating pool wanting sex before marriage or only sexual encounters. But, then, to see so many who are married on the prowl for extracurricular action, is just heart-breaking and depressing.

Its easy to say you would never marry someone you didn’t trust, but the reality is that many of the partners of those on the prowl do, in fact, trust their partner and believe they are being faithful.

I think I need to hurl now.

This behavior crosses all socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, and religious lines. No one is safe.

No comments:

Copyright © 2008 - 2010 Daniella Nicole. All rights reserved.